Employees who access computer systems and networks owned or operated by Virginia Tech are expected to adhere to the Acceptable Use Standard as well as applicable and local, state, and federal laws. Acceptable use always is ethical, reflects academic honesty, and shows restraint in the consumption of shared resources. It demonstrates respect for intellectual property, ownership of data, system security mechanisms, and individuals' rights to privacy and freedom from intimidation and harassment.
Employees should also be aware that:
- All students and employees have a unique, self-selected online identifier, the PID, and password. PIDs cannot be easily changed.
- Employees are asked not to use their PID/password combination for non-Virginia Tech services.
- Passwords should never be shared with anyone.
- Employees are accountable for all information on computers assigned to them.
- Emails and attachments from unknown sources should be treated with extreme caution.
- Customer support is available at www.4help.vt.edu or by calling 540-231-4357. 4Help agents are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to reset passwords, monitor system outages, and take questions on a wide variety of computer problems.
- More information specific to new employees is available at the Getting Started Guide.