The Hokie Passport ID Card is the official identification card for Virginia Tech students and employees.
- The card can be used to gain access to parking garages and buildings.
- To pay for purchases in dining halls, bookstores, and at some vending machines (when the card has been loaded with money).
- Employees can also access many of the discounts and perks available as part of the university’s total compensation package.
- Ride the BT (Blacksburg Transit) for free. The BT has a variety of routes, including service in Blacksburg, service in Christiansburg, and connections.
- Employees (and their spouses and children with a valid photo ID) may check out any of the libraries' circulating items, which include books, journals, videos, dvds, cds, laptops, and iPads. Employees may also visit the libraries to access the internet and/or use computers.
- Rent cameras, video cameras, and iPads, or get assistance using specialty software (for work or personal use) at Innovation Space.
- Work out at War Memorial Hall (free) or McComas Hall (paid membership required).
Getting a Card
Visit the Hokie Passport office in the Student Services Building.
Employees who work at extended locations around the state should talk with their supervisor about getting a Hokie Passport at their location.